God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

You know how I know?


You know how I know I love him?

1. Just seeing his smile turns my day around and makes me forget what I was so upset about to begin with. Whatever was bringing me down no longer matters; he's with me.

2. I could breathe him in for days. I love his smell. He says, "It's just soap, babe" but it's a distinct smell that only belongs to him, and it's intoxicating. It smells like nothing I've ever smelled before. It's perfect.

3. His hugs bring me so much comfort and peace. I could stay in those arms forever. I feel so loved and safe. Nothing can hurt me in those arms.

4. When it's time for him to come home from work, I get butterflies in my tummy. I anxiously wait to hear his keys turning in the door. The second the door opens, my heart skips a beat.

5. Seeing him with my family warms my heart. He loves them as I love them. He is so good to my family and that in itself is so precious to me.

6. When I wake up in the morning, and see him sleeping peacefully, I just want to hold him close and take a picture of how perfect and angelic he looks. He's so beautiful to me.

7. I am not complete unless he is with me. My life is complete and whole with him by my side.

8. Seeing how hard he works to build a life for us brings tears to my eyes. He is such a blessing. He's my everything.

9. Seeing how hard he tries to make me happy, how he strives for only my happiness, brings me to my knees and has me thank God for blessing me so much with such an amazing man. He's my best friend.

10. Each day I get with him is a gift. Thank you, Jesus. Thank you for giving me what makes me whole, what makes me sing. He is the reason I sing.

4 comments:

  1. Love this post... Just perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that was so beautifully written. Yes, once in a lifetime we find that someone, to have and to hold, 'til we grow old. I'm so happy for you, M'ija.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 reminds me of an interesting study I just heard about. The researchers had women put gauze in their armpits and wear a new one every day of the month. Then, they had men smell the gauze and rate which ones smelled the best. Without fail, the gauze from the days the women were ovulating got the highest ratings. Interesting, huh? (And not at all in keeping with the romanticism of your post.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! That is interesting Lauri. You're such a dorkasaurus rex.

    ReplyDelete