God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Thursday, September 4, 2014

33

9/5/14
Happy birthday to one amazing man; my husband! I honestly shudder at the thought of where I'd be without him. Since the night we met all those years ago (as he ever so smoothly spied on me from the cereal aisle at Walgreen's while I pretended not to notice and work in the photo lab), my life has continually gotten better and better...and better. Seems like the moment I accepted that first date, my life instantly took a turn, and nothing but blessings poured in--he being number one on that list. First, he made me feel special, wanted, loved, adored, and worth something more than any guy (or boy) ever had. He was and is such a gentleman. He doesn't just say he wants me to be happy, he works through blood, sweat and tears to ensure that I am. There is absolutely nothing Bobby wouldn't do for his family. He proves that time and time again. The man seriously has the patience of a saint, I swear. I am by no means an easy "Michelle Duggar" type; I'm working on it, but I am nowhere near that! However, he always finds ways to show me that he loves me, acknowledges and is grateful for my efforts, and no matter how many times I fall flat on my face, he always has faith in me. He always encourages me, and constantly motivates me. He is a man of faith, he puts his family first, and he is who God picked for me. I am so thankful and grateful to the good Lord for giving me this man who I always feel I don't deserve; not because he has ever led me to believe that, but because there is so much good and purity in him--I just cannot fathom what he could gain from me that he doesn't already have. He is a man of integrity, strong yet so humble at the same time, and so incredibly selfless. Thank God for his mama; despite being young and probably terrified, she made sure to raise her son to be giving, hard working, honest, and to follow the Lord. That's not easy to do as a single 17 year old mom (and these "Teen Moms" today sure could learn a lesson or two from her experience), but she put him first the moment he was born. Because of that, he is a loving and devoted father today, and someone I am so proud to even know. Bobby has sacrificed so much for me, and for our little girl. The simplest things make his day, like watching our favorite shows together, or shopping together at Half Price Books for our daughter's collection, or just talking to each other in the car; we make him happy. When he is around his family, he is the happiest, and he is completely at peace. That is what made me fall in love with him; his deep love for family. He is so passionate and creative, and everything I need to be me. He makes me whole. So, thank You, Lord, for wonderfully creating this masterpiece that I get to kiss and hug and love every day for the rest of my life. Even though I know that he is really Yours, thank You for trusting me with him. He is truly heaven sent, and You knew the perfect time to send him to me. Father, I needed him more than I even knew. Thank You, God, for Your perfect and flawless plan, and for showing me every day what it is to be loved through my husband.

And happy 33rd birthday, my sweet love. "You and Me...Me and You."

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful love story that only God could orchestrate.
    Happy birthday, Bobby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mama. It's a story I never get tired of telling. :)

      Delete