God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Blessed.

This morning as I was making breakfast for Bobby and myself, I looked at my sweet husband sitting there and smiled. I am so blessed. Every morning that I wake up, he rolls over and asks, "Are you ok, baby?" He's always making sure I'm happy, even while he's half asleep. He's my protector. I never imagined loving someone this much, and feeling that love in return unconditionally. It's so nice to feel that security and peace. I always tell Bobby that he's my angel, that God sent him to me when I needed him the most. I've dated some doozies in the past, most of which didn't have my best interest at heart. I always devoted all of my time and energy to these guys, expecting nothing in return but their companionship. I hardly got that either. Bobby is selfless all the time with me, and with everyone really. He strives to make me happy in everything he does. He told me the cutest thing today. We were talking about tv shows that he's introduced me to that he really likes. I told him, "It's funny, every time you introduce me to a show that you originally LOVED, I end up getting hooked and love it more than you do, and then you only watch it because I like it." He said, "It's because I love you more than I love myself. You are me now." It sounds silly, and probably doesn't make that much sense now that I'm reading it back to myself, lol, but at the time it made perfect sense. Forget the show, what he said really touched me. "I love you more than myself," isn't that beautiful? Simple, but so sweet. I don't need extravagant gifts, grand gestures, or shopping sprees, I just need my husband to continue loving me and to continue to be the amazing, strong, God fearing man he is. We're coming up on a year of marriage, and it's been wonderful. I am so excited and anxious to see what each new year will hold for us. With Bobby by my side, I have all the confidence in the world. Anything is possible and the sky is the limit. Thank you, Jesus, for blessing me this much and for allowing me to experience what true love really is.
This is a song that means a lot to me and symbolizes what an impact Bobby made on my life when we met. It's about how lost I felt before him, and how he restored my faith in love.

3 comments:

  1. You guys are so beautiful together. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that God has blessed my best friend with the man of her dreams! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete