God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

What is this world coming to?


I made the mistake of getting sucked into reality TV on MTV tonight. I was watching this show called "True Life" which is basically documenting people's lives and each episode varies depending on a certain subject. For example, they've followed people who have had a lap band or people who have Tourette's syndrome...generally fairly normal topics. This show is usually, at the very least, entertaining but most of the time it's pretty educational and emotional. However, MTV is getting out of hand trying to get higher ratings I'm assuming. Tonight's topic was "I'm Polyamorous". Claudia's translation: "I'm a big slut". They were following two people. One was a 22 year old girl who had a girlfriend, and the girlfriend had a boyfriend, and they all went on dates as a group. One big dysfunctional and disgusting, happy, family. Then the girl decided she wanted a boyfriend as well for herself. They all decided to go to some therapist and meditate as a group. It was incredibly weird and uncomfortable to watch. But of course, I couldn't look away because curiosity got the best of me, unfortunately. Then they introduced the other person they were following. This 20-something year old boy who had two boyfriends and then added ANOTHER boy into the mix. They were all dating each other. 4 boys. At this point, my stomach started hurting. It just amazes and scares me that things like this exist and are considered normal to some people. This is the world I will one day bring my children into?
If anything, this just made me so thankful that I have God to fall back on when I'm faced with things like this. The fact that I can pray and keep my faith in Him and give all of my worries and concerns to Him puts me at ease. He will protect my future babies from all the evil in this world, I truly believe that. I need to start praying for that now, before they even come into this world. God is bigger than anything. I recognize that there is evil out there, but I also recognize that my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, is greater than 'he who is in the world'. That being said, I think I'm getting too old for MTV...TV in general is just heading south. Now I know why my parents watch nothing but Fox News. I may just stick to my Golden Girls reruns.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Oh! I saw that episode! ... before we had our cable turned off ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete