God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Me & the little twerp.

Well, after re-reading my last entry, I have to admit that I AM feeling a little better than I did then. I'm definitely not throwing up as much, which is awesome. I've grown accustomed to eating super small portions and as long as I do that, I'll only maybe gag afterwards. Usually I throw up mostly water after breakfast, and get random feelings of nausea throughout the day. It's not so bad, but it's strange not being able to eat really. I've lost 11 lbs so far. Who knew that my pregnancy would be the best diet ever? I hope that I only gain what I've lost for the remainder of my pregnancy; that would be perfect. Portion control is key. Fruit is always a safe bet, but I even have to eat that in small amounts or I will indeed throw some of it up. Lately, as long as I eat like a bird, I'm alright. I can't eat anything super greasy in the morning or I'll be in trouble. It's all one big learning process for me.

As for the little one, he/she is in tip top shape according to our first visit with the OB. We got to see the super fast heartbeat and our silly little baby swimming around in my belly. Here's a pic:



That was back when I was 8 weeks 6 days. Today I'm 10 weeks 2 days, and I've read that already the baby looks a lot different. Now they have noticeable fingers and toes, arms and legs, and their little ears are just about done forming. My baby is just a tad bigger than a quarter at this point. Our next appt. will be the day we get back from Hawaii (October 11th) and by that time the baby will have grown a lot. I'll be 12 weeks 5 days. I'm so excited! A friend of mine just had her 12 week ultrasound and I couldn't believe how different her baby looked! It's completely a little human by then! It's all so amazing and surreal. I still can't believe a little person is in there. I think once I feel the baby move and my belly starts showing a little more, it'll process for me. Right now I'm still in disbelief. I do know that I already love this silly little baby so much. I couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

  1. Oh M'ija, I am so happy for our family. Babies are a perfect miracle from God..such a great gift from HIM.
    I still can't believe your uterus is heart-shaped!! I can already tell that the baby is real cute, by his profile. :)

    ReplyDelete