God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

It's a Choice

Yesterday I had a pity party. In my defense, it's most likely due to PMS, but regardless--I was feeling sorry for myself. I was whining about my weight, whining about everything under the sun that I told myself were valid excuses not to work out or eat well. Woe is me, I said. 

My sweet husband listened to all of this. Not once did he say that I was being a brat or whining too much, he simply told me about a girl at the university he works for. He sees her walking the track every day. She is accompanied by her mom on these walks, and must use a walker due to her physical disabilities. She can hardly walk with the support of the walker, so her mother is there to help her along (as she also can't stand up straight due to her disability). She is out there every single day. She doesn't let her circumstances stop her, or define her, she chooses to overcome them and give it her all.

I instantly was overcome with emotion, and cried. My God, what problems do I have? How ungrateful do I sound? I have this physically capable body that the good Lord has blessed me with, the ability to schedule a workout whenever because of the blessing of being at home with my daughter, the resources to be able to afford healthy food...the list is endless. Bobby said, "You see, baby? We really have no problems. We are so blessed. All it takes is choosing to take care of yourself. It's a choice every day. You have it in you, and you can do this."

He is absolutely right. There isn't anything stopping me but ME. There is no reason for me to miss a workout, eat poorly, or make excuses. It all comes back to me making the conscious decision to care. It's a choice. I choose to be a conqueror in Christ. I choose to be grateful. I choose to be happy. I choose to TRY every day. I choose to be healthy for myself and for my family. That's the bottom line--it is simply a choice, and I choose life. 

What do you choose? 

2 comments:

  1. Love this Claudia! I try to remind myself everyday of this! I have the capability and I'm taking it all for granted. I had an epiphany yesterday, probably because I was the heaviest I've been other than being pregnant��. I ate nearly perfect yesterday and woke up with a 3lb loss! That gave me motivation to continue today. We are so blessed and should be thankful everyday for all the wonderful things God has given us ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful, Angie! We are blessed indeed. There is nothing impossible for God and with God.

    ReplyDelete