God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Monday, November 29, 2010

I'm overwhelmed.

I don't know where to begin. I'm completely done with 2 of the 4 classes I have left, but I sure did save the 'best' for last (sarcastic tone). I'm having writer's block or an anxiety attack, you take your pick. I have 3 huge assignments coming up. First, I have to complete a research proposal by Wednesday night (technically it's due by midnight Thursday, but she'd like us to bring it for peer review on Wednesday just to get feedback), second I have a test in that same class, and third I have a 12-15 page research paper due by 6pm on Thursday. Nothing can be done quickly, nothing is easy, and I don't know what to do first. The proposal I've made progress on, but it's so hard. Just for the introduction I've had to research my butt off, and cite EVERYTHING. It's very time consuming. There's a specific format to it, and it's all very technical and annoying. I have to then write up a Method section describing what test I'll be using in my Independent Research next semester, and then I have to discuss my predicted results. It sounds easier than it really is. I hate it with every fiber in my being. I should have stayed an English major. Right now I'd just be writing a lovely book report. Why did I pick this horrible major? It stopped being interesting last semester. Now it's just a pain in my butt. OMG--I wish my fairy godmother would appear and tell me, "Oh no dear child, this is all a bad dream, you're actually already graduating!" Wouldn't that be lovely? I think so. I deleted my facebook to remain focused, I've been a hermit for days now, I'm glued to my research articles and computer and am developing a hunched back!! I want this week to end already. I just want it over. The hard part is that I actually care--a lot. And because I care, it's hard for me to just spit out whatever. I wish I didn't care. I wish right now that I was the old Claudia at ACC who was happy with a passing grade. Now I'm neurotic Claudia who must graduate with Honors. Ahhhh!!!! Someone help me. :(

1 comment:

  1. Well M'ija, you've stated the problem and remember that a problem well stated is a problem half solved.
    Also, keep this beautiful promise in mind, since Christ is in you, the things you produce will be of exceptional quality. You are a champion by the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete