God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Friday, July 27, 2012

Claudia Time.

I love my mornings. When Elena goes down for her first nap, and Bobby is still sleeping, I have a good 30-40 minutes just to myself; to blog, catch up on my shows (Dallas is on right now), and just relax. The first thing I do is read my daily devotionals, that is the most important part of my day. After my meditation with the Lord, I enjoy the quiet. Being a SAHM is wonderful and such a blessing, but it leaves little time to myself. I don't get a day off from my job, so these few minutes in the morning are where I refuel for the day ahead. The main thing on my mind currently is the sergeant position my Bobby applied for. He is so deserving of this job. He not only has given St Ed's nearly 10 years, but he works so very hard. He gets along with everyone there and would shine as a supervisor/sergeant. We found out yesterday that it's between Bobby and an officer from outside of the department. While this other guy looks great on paper (army reserve, worked at Mary Hardin Baylor, instructor, etc.), he doesn't know anything about St. Edward's. He hasn't invested time and energy there like my husband has. Bobby has his master's degree, is a master officer, is a certified intructor in various areas, and knows St. Edward's like the back of his hand. He is also close to the officers there already, and they respect him. I just feel like it would be in their best interest to hire someone that already knows the campus and protocol. Why bring a stranger in just because he had a good interview? Bobby heard through the grapevine that he had a wonderful interview as well, so it's a tough decision for them. To me, it's no contest, Bobby is the perfect fit, but it's in God's hands. We may think we know what's best for our family, but only God knows what's around the next corner. We're trusting in His flawless and perfect plan for our family, no matter what St. Ed's decides. If they don't give Bobby this position then we're going to pursue Buda PD because they're so anxious to have him there. We shall see. Our hope is that they let him know today what they've decided. Keep us in your prayers, y'all. Have a blessed day!

8 comments:

  1. I sure hope he gets the job if it's in God's plans. If not, maybe God has a better one for him. Missed you this morning on fb. God bless you and your family. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I hope he gets the job. I know how hard he's worked and tried moving up the ladder before. Y'all are in my prayers. We are going through the same thing once again with Sal and advancement. Results should be out any day now and as each year keeps passing him up, it becomes more important for us to remind ourselves God knows the plans & it's in his hands. Thanks for the reminder! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you, too, and y'all will be in my prayers as well! It's so hard not to be anxious, but I just have to keep the faith. He knows what's best, I just have to remember that. It's definitely hard not to question things and worry, though. Everything will work out for our families, I'm sure of it. Let me know of any updates with Sal's job!

      Delete
  3. We're definitely praying for y'all. Any police department would be lucky to have Bobby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell Bobby - GODD LUCK!!! Saying Prayers!!

    ReplyDelete