God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Too Fast.

My little Elena is growing so fast and it's making me a little emotional. On Sunday Bobby and I were at my parents' house while they're out of town to water their plants, and we came across old photos from when my sister and I were babies. I got teary eyed just thinking about how my mom must have never imagined we'd be this age and with our own babies, no less! She probably was in my same position, wanting us to stay babies forever. I can't even picture Elena as a grown woman, or even any older than she is now. She's my innocent little baby, and I wish I could shield her from the world and protect her in my arms always. I just have to remember that she WILL be shielded by the blood of Jesus; He will never leave her. Even if I'm not around one day, He will always be there to protect her. That is such a comforting feeling for a mama. Knowing that no matter what, our children are protected by Jesus Christ. No weapon formed against them shall prosper. I try to make it a point to read scripture to her every morning, whether it's from her Baby Bible or from my own daily devotionals I receive. I just want her to absorb those words, even if right now it doesn't make any sense to her; someday it will, and someday she will be able to use those words against moments of weakness or any evil that may face her. It's my responsibility to arm her for battle. Sounds dramatic, but we do battle evil in this world every day as Christians. I'm not doing my best as a mom if I don't feed her that scripture that will protect her and nourish her soul. I just pray that I'm guiding her right and that I'm the best I can be for her. I worry sometimes about her future, but then I immediately have to pray that worry right out of my mind. As a mother, it's impossible not to worry, though. You automatically become a neurotic mess the minute they're born! You just wish you could put your baby in a protective bubble where there's no sickness or pain. But, Jesus is protecting my baby from sickness and pain. Even if I feel helpless sometimes, He's got enough strength for the both of us. Well, it's time to put this little one down for a nap. She's getting tired of her playmat. I hope everyone has a blessed day, and be sure to let your babies know how much they're loved! :)

6 comments:

  1. I have to say - I KNOW the feeling. I want to protect the kids from all harm and bad people and things in the world. I know my mom tells me when she had me she never imagined me as an adult or having children of my own. I love the thought of seeing Sarah become her own person and see the world the way the god wants her to see it, with beauty and love. I know Elena will do the same, I firmly believe god takes care of us and our children. Im so glad that god gave a baby to you and bobby - you are both deserving and are great parents :) I see so many bad parents out there with no regard for their children and seeing the faithfilled life you have provided Elena is a breath of fresh air. Sorry this was so long. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments; that really means a lot. You're a wonderful mama, too, and you're absolutely right that God watches over us and our babies because we walk by faith and not by sight. The world may be crumbling around us, but He's always got us in the palm of His hand. Thank you for taking the time to read this! :)

      Delete
  2. You are such a great mom. Never doubt that for an instant. The simple fact that you try to lead your daughter onto the right path already by showing her God's word is wonderful.
    There isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish my babies would stop growing. Nicholas starts Kinder this coming Thursday! Watching them grow up is so bittersweet. Love her, guide her, always keep her best interests at heart and you can always know you did your best... and on those days when you doubt yourself or are at your wit's end, lift your worries up to Him. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, love. You are such a good friend and I love you so much! You, too, are a wonderful mama. Your boys are proof of that. I can't believe your baby is going to kindergarten! Time flies entirely too fast. It definitely is bittersweet because as much as you want to see them achieve new things and hit new milestones, you want them to stay your little babies forever. It's hard; very, very hard. You just have to savor every single second. The thing that comforts me the most is knowing that despite the fact that she'll one day grow up, she'll never stop needing me. I still need my mama. And she'll never outgrow my embrace. Oh brother, now I'm making myself cry! Being a mom is an emotional rollercoaster for sure. Anywho, thank you for those sweet words. I miss you.

      Delete
  3. Guess who's crying right now?
    < This girl is.

    You're a wonderful mom and Elena is blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sistah. I learned by watching you with your babies. :)

      Delete