God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Friday, June 6, 2014

A Whole Year!

My goodness! Has it already been over a year since I've posted anything? That's cray-to-the-cray! Well, it's fitting that I stopped blogging once Elena learned to walk; that little girl constantly has me on my toes! It's a fun chaos, though. I am so blessed to be at home with my child, I get to keep her in my safe little bubble a little while longer. Let's see, let's get you up to speed on my baby. She is now a whopping 2 years old, loves to talk, super affectionate and sweet, sensitive like her mama, and a ball of hilariousness & energy like her daddy. She's also a little daredevil when it comes to heights, rides, and things her daddy and I are huge scaredy cats about. I'm not sure where she got that fearless spirit from, but thankfully she has cousins to ride all of those lovely theme park rides with in the future. She is currently her dad's number one fan, and her face lights up with the biggest smile ever when he walks into the room. People ask me if that makes me jealous, and I cannot fathom how seeing my baby love her daddy could possibly make me jealous. I get it; he's super awesome! 'Tis why I married him after all. ;) My happiest moments are when I see them together. Two of the people I love most in this world, loving each other; how incredible is that?
So, as you can see, life is pretty darn sweet. Elena and I have a lot of fun together, and it truly amazes me how fast she learns things. She is big on singing, right now. "Lord, I Need You" is her favorite song, along with "Wheels on the Bus". She also loves to count and recite the alphabet song. She's a smart cookie, but I have to give God the credit for that. He has truly blessed us with our healthy, strong, compassionate, and intelligent little baby. I wish I could keep her this tiny forever, but time keeps on tickin'. Which reminds me, I need to hop on the potty training train--eek. I've been dragging my heels with that for a few weeks now. I don't know what it is, but I am not motivated! I think it's because I know that once she's done with diapers, she's officially a big girl. That's not easy for a mama to digest. I need to get to it, though--she's already plenty old enough, and those diapers sure aren't cheap. Whenever anyone finds that pause button, though, let me know! Until next time my dear friends & fam! Hasta! :)

4 comments:

  1. She sure does love to talk. I call her my little 'comadre'. When I sit at the table with my coffee, she too, pulls up a chair with her cup of water and starts chattering and babbling with me. She doesn't even take a breath. She has a lot to say.
    She is so loving and always full of sweetness. I'm so grateful to God that you get to stay home and enjoy this precious gift He has given you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish I could always understand that babbling of hers; she has so much expression in her face, too. I agree; I feel over the moon blessed to be home with her. God is GREAT. :)

      Delete
  2. We are constantly quoting that silly baby. She is HILARIOUS and keeps us cracking up! I know I've said this before, but I can't say it enough, I feel so blessed to be able to live close to y'all again. I'm so glad we get to watch her grow. (and I'm glad to see you, too, of course. lol.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, God brought you back home at the perfect time. I love that our babies are close and that they adore each other. I hope they're always that close.

      Delete