God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Summertime

School is out, and that means I get to see more of my niece and nephew! We kicked off Summer vacation this weekend with sprinkler fun on the trampoline; Elena was THRILLED to say the least.
She and Sam spent most of Friday afternoon and today doing this, and they never got tired of it no matter how soaked they were. It truly amazes me how kids can have fun doing the same darn thing for hours on end. I'd better enjoy this stage while I can before the "I'm bored" complaints start, haha. We all had a great time with my family this weekend. Bobby's new nights off give us the opportunity to spend the majority of the weekend with my sister & her little fam when they come into town, which makes me very happy. I got to take my sweet niece to see a movie she'd been anxiously waiting to see (since she read the book it was based on). I knew it would be a tear jerker, but I had no idea I'd enjoy it that much! It was so cute, and I highly recommend it. There are very few simple and innocent love stories like that in the theaters these days; it was refreshing to watch something that didn't have a ton of foul language and profanity.
Well, I'd better join my family in the living room and wind down for the night. Thank you, Jesus, for blessing me this much; it is a privilege to be the daughter of such a loving and almighty God, and I do not take a minute for granted. Have a wonderful night, y'all. Hug your families tight, and sleep well!

4 comments:

  1. I love having all of my grand angels here at my house. I love seeing them grow up together.I am especially thankful that both you and Lauri live nearby. My heart rejoices when we're all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine, too. There's something so comforting about us all being there under the same roof. It's perfection, and I never want the day to end.

      Delete
  2. Last weekend was a blast! Thank you for taking Hannah to the movies. She can't stop talking about what a wonderful time she had. She looks up to you so much and she really enjoys when you two spend time alone together. Of course, dear-old-Mom isn't cool like her aunt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol well, I've always looked up to you in the same way, so any coolness I have comes from you. ;) I LOVE my time with her, though. She is such a sweet, affectionate, polite, and loving little girl. I hope she knows how very special she is to me.

      Delete