God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

"You Were Born to Stand Out"

That's the popular quote: "You weren't born to fit in, you were born to stand out." Well, they almost got it right. I don't think we were born to stand out, I believe we were born to serve Him with humility. It's not about us. It's not about our purpose or self esteem, it's about His purpose and His will. Of course God wants the best for His children, there's no doubt about that; He wants us to be happy. Our happiness, however, shouldn't be the goal. That's the world's motto; do what makes you happy. Everything is for self, but God says to seek Him first in ALL things. If you want to be happy, don't seek material things or others' approval; seek Him. All good things come from God, and nowhere else. Any positive or intellectual thought you've ever had didn't come from your own brilliant mind, He put it there. Give thanks, be humble, and know that you would be nothing apart from Him and His love. As I get older, I realize that I'm becoming more and more unpopular with the trends of this world; I don't fit in. My opinions and my thoughts about modesty and humility aren't shared with the independent and aggressive women of today. The world tells them they don't need a man, they're better or stronger than men, etc. The Bible says that it's ok to lean on your husband for strength; the strength that God has given him. I enjoy making my husband feel needed, and like the strong provider that he is. He deserves to feel loved and appreciated after all that he does for our family without a single complaint. I enjoy dressing modestly and saving the provocative clothing for his eyes only. I don't need the world to see me the way he does; those moments are special. I enjoy the simpler things in life like playing outside with my daughter or going to a restaurant with my little family. I know it's not impressive to some, but that's my life. I love it. God has blessed me immensely, and I hope that He knows how thankful I am. I guess, to me, if the world isn't pleased with my lifestyle and choices, then I must be doing something right. I'm not here to please the world. So, I think the quote should read like this instead: "You were not born to fit in, you were born to serve Him." Have a wonderful day, everyone. God bless you in all that you do.

2 comments:

  1. Amen , sistah! I TOTALLY agree. I couldn't have said it better.

    ReplyDelete