God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

I am woman hear me roar!

Well today marked the last day of RAD class. Today we went through different scenarios with the 3 guys suited up ready to taunt and provoke us and get their butts whooped, including poor Bobby. Wow, I am A LOT stronger than I give myself credit for. I was kneeing those guys in the groin, punching them in the face, elbowing them in the stomach, and was screaming "No!" as loud as I could. It felt great. Don't worry, the guys looked like the Michelin Man they were that padded. There's no way they could get hurt really. The only thing they suffered from was the intense heat of the padding pretty much suffocating them, but they took breaks every so often. We were padded on our knees, elbows, hands, and were wearing padded helmets as well. One of the scenarios really had my heart racing and at one point I wanted to cry because it seemed so real with all 3 of them ready to attack me and push me around, but I just kicked as hard as I could and ran away. I was proud of how courageous I could be. I strongly encourage all the women in my life to take this class. It's awesome and so worth the measley 20 bucks. I'm also so proud of Bobby for volunteering to play the role of the aggressor. He's pretty much getting beaten up all because he cares that much about women learning how to defend themselves. My hubby is awesome and I'm so glad he introduced me to this program. Go sign up! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Now I feel like I really need to take that class. There are just too many freaks in the world. Maybe, you can teach all of us! I want to feel strong and courageous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetheart. mom told me about your blog and I decided to put my "2 cents" worth. I am so proud of you and how you have been doing in your marriage and in life. Jesus loves you and I love you my little girl.

    ReplyDelete