God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

And it starts.


I am officially a SENIOR at St. Eds. This is my second to last semester my friends. Thank you, Jesus! My first week back was a bit overwhelming but exciting at the same time. I'm blessed to have had the majority of my professors before this semester so I know what to expect. I have 3 Psych classes with the same professor, and she is fabulous. She makes each set of students feel like they are her only students, even though she teaches too many classes to count. I love teachers that are passionate like that, it's inspiring and makes learning fun. I don't know how she does all that she does with a smile on her face. That's someone who was born to be an instructor. So 5 classes--whew. I can do it, though. I just have to constantly stay on top of assignments and try my hardest not to procrastinate; that's what always gets me stressed. I probably won't be able to sub as much as I would've liked to this semester due to having classes Monday thru Thursday but I'll try to squeeze it in when I can. We definitely could use the extra cash flow. If subbing has taught me anything, it's that I most definitely do NOT want to be a teacher. That is one tough job. It may seem like all fun and games, but there is so much that goes into it, and so much that you're not getting paid for. Between dealing with ignorant and negligent parents to lesson planning during your free time after work taking away from time with your family--it's too much for me. Just seeing how hard my mom worked for so many years and how much of her time and energy she gave to those kids, exhausts me. I hope and pray that God helps me find a full time position at St. Ed's so that I'll be able to work on my master's degree for free. This is all in the future, however, and I can't stress or be anxious about it now. I'm trying to enjoy this moment! Our future is in God's hands, so why worry? He's got it under control. Well, wish me luck with classes this semester. I hope I end it with straight A's yet again!

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! How exciting! You're almost done with this degree!! I can't wait until I'm in your shoes. Love you lots, Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made me so proud. Yeah, teaching is a very demanding job and all your work is not appreciated at all. It would be so great if you could continue on and get your Masters. I know you can do it. I love you, M'ija.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAY TO GO, CLAUDIA! You're so smart. Knowledge is the key to success and no one can take that away from you. So, you go girl and hang in there. Love you lots. Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank y'all for all the kind and inspiring words! I love each of you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete