God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"I finally found you, my missing puzzle piece; I'm complete."

Those are lyrics from my favorite song at the moment, "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry. I listen to it at least once a day. This morning alone I've watched the music video about 3 times. So, Bobby is working the day shift for the next couple of weeks which is great for me because it gives me all sorts of time alone to get homework done and make our apartment look somewhat presentable. He hates waking up early, but he does like having a 'normal' work schedule. The only downside to him working until 3 pm is that I won't have him there to drive me to class from the parking garage :( . I guess I'll just have to trek to class like everyone else. Boo. I didn't get my morning workout in because I haven't been feeling well this morning, so I'll count my walk to class as part of my cardio :) . School is becoming a bit overwhelming, but if I just focus on one task at a time instead of thinking about all that's due within a short period of time, I'll be alright. I only think about what's due 'this week' as opposed to what massive assignments will be due at the end of the semester. It's been working so far. My classes are a tad bit intimidating, but I know I can do this and hopefully come out with an A. Next semester really scares me, though. I'll be doing Independent Research, Capstone (a 30 page paper that must be completed before graduating) and 3 other classes; 2 of which are senior Psychology classes. Sounds like fun, huh? Yeah...I'm excited :/ . But I know that with God, ALL things are possible. I truly believe that if it weren't for His guidance I would be having a nervous breakdown right about now just thinking about these crazy classes I'm taking. He has given me peace and a sense of calm, and the confidence to be successful. Thank you, Jesus, for bringing me this far. I see that beautiful light at the end of the tunnel, and walking across that stage seeing my proud family's faces will be worth all of the hard work and dedication. I had better have some tissues on hand because I'm pretty sure there will be waterworks; I want to cry just picturing it! Knowing how close it is...wow. It's taken me awhile, but to know that I actually am going to finish something that I started, something this important...it just makes me so happy and fills me with pride. Bobby plays a big part in all of this. He truly makes me a better person. Ever since we met, I've wanted to do great things, and be better for him. He's inspired me so much and has been a driving force in my life. If it weren't for him, I probably wouldn't be where I am today. He's my angel. He saved me from so much hopelessness, despair, and pain. He brought me back to life. I was so lost and didn't know where to go, and then he came into my life and took hold of my hand. He took me out of the darkness and into the light. He reminded me just who God wanted me to be. My sweet man. I just can't express to y'all how blessed I am to have him in my life. I know this is corny, but I mean every word. He takes such good care of us and I am truly grateful for that. I tell him all the time, and still don't feel like it's enough. Love like this is rare I think, and a man like this is DEFINITELY rare. I'm just so glad that God is letting me experience it. I must have done something right.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud to see my little girl maturing. Just continue to follow the righteous path that God has planned for you. Now that you're using your time wisely, your grades are stellar. I'm so glad you finally wised up and realized that Facebook was just a huge distraction. I love you, M'ija.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that song is stuck in my head! Katy Perry is huge out here.
    Good luck with school. I know you will come out on the other side with straight A's!
    Who cares if what you said about Bobby is corny?! It's true! You guys are so wonderful together. I can't wait to see you again. :)

    ReplyDelete