God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's the little things.



"And so today my world it smiles; your hand in mine, we walk the miles. Thanks to you it will be done, for you to me are the only one."

I sure do love this life that I've been blessed with. I've been getting my first few grades for this semester, and so far I'm doing well. My anxiety has worn off a bit now that I know what I'm doing and I see a light at the end of the tunnel. Spending time with my family and my husband has really helped me not to worry about school so much. I know God has given me the wisdom and knowledge, all I have to do is keep pushing through. So, we renewed our lease yesterday and it's set for 7 months. At first I was kind of bummed that we'd be here at the apartment versus house hunting, but I'm glad we made that decision. This way we're able to save every month and we don't have the added stress of making a house payment or looking for a house. Our lease is up in May, so we'll have to start looking in March. Honestly, I'm in no hurry. I know I always get on my poor man's case about being so frugal, but I'm so grateful that he is. I've learned that because he's frugal that lets me know how much he cares about taking care of me and our future family. That's his number one priority. He is so selfless. He works long hours, sometimes pulls double shifts, just to be able to put away money in savings or pay off our credit card bill. He always makes sure we're taken care of. In my eyes, that's what makes a 'man'. It's amazing, his dad may not have been in his life, but he's more of a man than his dad will ever be. His dad did him a favor, and me a favor. It's just such a good feeling knowing that my husband is so responsible and focused. Just to have that security feels really good. Thank you, Jesus. Knowing this, I know that we'll be in a home that we love soon. He's so cute, my sister had ordered one of those old school construction worker-type lunchboxes for him (he's been wanting one for the longest time)for his birthday and he was so excited that he got to take it to work today. I put milk in his thermos and packed his sandwiches and an apple. He said he's always wanted one ever since he saw his grandpa taking one to work when he was a kid. It's those little things that make him happy. He doesn't need fancy cars or clothes. We're the same in that sense. As long as we're together, everything else is small potatoes. I just had to get that off my chest because this morning I woke up with so much love in my heart and I had to share! I hope everyone is having a blessed week. ¡Hasta luego!

1 comment:

  1. M'ija, your blog entry made me cry. You've really grown up from the little impatient High School girl that I still remember so well. Seing you grow up with such a mature mentality makes me feel like I did something right. Yeah, your Bobby is awesome! It's amazing how such an extraordinary person can come out of a person with lots of imperfections.

    ReplyDelete