God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Monday, September 6, 2010

Shamu!

Bobby's birthday was yesterday and instead of a big birthday party he said he wanted to go to Sea World (my hubby is a big kid and I love it), so off to Sea World we went! His folks drove and we really had a great day. I gave him my gift and the surprise gift from my parents the night before. I had given him a nice Cowboys shirt and a couple of Dallas Cowboys knick knacks, but nothing too exciting...until he unfolded his shirt to find a hidden confirmation letter stating that we'd be going to see the Cowboys play the Titans on October 10th! My parents are so awesome for helping me with that one. They wanted to get him something special and he sure was happy and speechless. He kept asking, "We're really going to a game?!" It was adorable. He hasn't been to the new stadium and has been dying to go, so when my mom asked what he wanted, I told her and she right away looked for tickets. She's truly heaven sent. I have amazing parents, and an amazing family that God has blessed me with. Sea World was really fun. I LOVE Orca whales! The Shamu show, Azul (a new show they just added), and the penguin exhibit were my favorite parts. Sea animals are the most beautiful and adorable animals in the world, especially whales and penguins. Those are my favorites. I want a penguin of my own. I kept telling Bobby I wish I could keep one in the freezer, lol. The only thing that makes me sad is that they aren't free to swim in the ocean and hunt for food. I feel like they get sad and lonely in captivity, but then I remember how much those trainers love their jobs and love animals. I'm sure they're well taken care of...at least I hope they are. I'm not a tree hugger, but I do love animals...well, most of them...sea animals mainly. After a long day at SW, we went to Pico De Gallo and had a couple margaritas with dinner (yum!) and shopped at the market square for a couple hours. It was jam packed I guess because of it being a holiday weekend. When we got home we watched a movie (Why Did I Get Married, Too---which was awful! The first one's way better) and then called it a night. I'm glad Bobby had a great birthday, he deserved it. I'm so glad God brought him into this world.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like ya'll had alot of fun on your hubby's birthday. I especially liked the gift from your mom. Wow! that was awesome and YOU ARE BLESSED to have your parents. Tell him I said "Happy Belated Birthday" from MC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very awesome gift to go to the game. I bet he was thrilled! Sounds like such a wonderful birthday. Nicholas adores the "dolpheeeens" now and Sam pretty much likes everything... even the big coaster Journey to Atlantis. I've never been to Sea World SA so I don't know what the differences are.
    You are such an awesome wifey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad he liked his gift from us and I'm so glad you found Bobby, too. He is such a blessing and he brings out the best in you. Don't ever take his love for granted, M'ija.

    ReplyDelete