God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Today is my sister's birthday and I just wanted to take a moment to say how blessed I am to have her in my life. For as long as I can remember she's been there for me from waking up at 5am to play Barbies with me in her room, letting me sleep in her bed when I was scared, making french braids for me and helping me do my hair, making fun sleepovers at her apartment for me and my friends, planning my entire wedding, making my baby shower perfect, to being the best aunt to my baby girl. She has been not only my sister but one of my best friends. I have looked up to her since I was just a little girl, and have always thought that she was invincible. She takes after my mama; she's strong and independent and has such a beautiful heart. Her babies are so incredibly lucky to have her in their lives. I know I am. She teaches me what it is to be a good daughter, wife, and mother. If I ever am told that I'm a good mother, it's because I've had her and my mama to look up to. I don't think I'll ever be able to repay my sister for all that she's done for me. There is nothing that she wouldn't do for our family. Thank you, Jesus, for giving me my sissy. I hope you have a wonderful day, Lauri, and I can't wait to celebrate with you this weekend! I love you! Here's a picture of my beautiful sister with my baby girl:

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful!! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sentiment! I'm so proud to be your mama. Being a mother and grandmother is a role I treasure with all my heart.
    Remember at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if the dishes are done or if the floors are clean; what matters is that you touched your children's hearts and showed them God's love in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks, Claudia. I love you very much, but... WHY IN THE WORLD DID YOU POST A PICTURE OF ME????!!!! Ay, no me gusta. I wish you would've cropped me out of the photo and just left the pretty baby in it. Oy ve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol You look great! I love that picture, and I love you!

      Delete