God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Rolling, rolling, rolling...

Sorry for the inactivity here, but facebook and other mommy boards online had my computer attention. And 90% of the time I'm playing with, feeding, running errands with, bathing, changing, or holding Elena. :) I love being a stay at home mama. I get to spend all of the time I want with her, and with Bobby before he goes to work. It's been an adjustment having him work overnight, but it's so nice having him home with us until Elena and I both are in bed. Then he's there right when we wake up. I do miss him at night, but it's just the sacrifice we have to make right now and it's worth it for the promotion he got. I'm so proud of him! In other news, Elena is now rolling from her back to her tummy--woohoo! She's right on track according to her Week by Week development baby book. She is a little rolling machine now, though she seems to have forgotten how to roll from her tummy to her back. We've been practicing that lately. My sweet girl is so animated now! She babbles a lot! She says goo-goo and ga-ga, and oo and ah...it's so adorable. I love her noises; they are so feminine and sweet. She likes to grab my face and talk to me with this serious look on her face. Those are my favorite moments. It's as if she's telling me something very important. I love my little girl so very much, and cherish our time together. She and I always get special time together every morning while Daddy sleeps. We go to different stores, play with her toys, walk around the mall, and now that it's going to get a little cooler soon we'll be walking at the park in the morning. It's great exercise for me, and she loves being outside. I truly have been blessed with such a happy baby. She is always smiling and is just a joy to be around. Her face just lights up my world. I honestly can't even imagine having another child and loving that child as much as I love my Elena Jane. At the present time, I can't even see myself having another baby. Elena is my world, and the thought of taking the focus away from her for anyone is just unfathomable. I'm sure I'll have baby fever in a few years, but for now she is my princess and my one and only. :) I hope everyone has been having a wonderful day, week, and month! Take care, and I'll try to come back and post sooner than later!

2 comments:

  1. Oh nights suck!! I never knew that until Craig got his promotion this year and went to days. I was sooo used to him working nights cause we had been doing it for 8 years. Yup - I never want him to go to nights, however management swaps throughout the year every 6 months so I deal with it. But good for you I wish I was a stay at home mom! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely been an adjustment and I so look forward to his nights off because I sleep so much better when he's here. Luckily, Elena sleeps through the night now so if I'm constantly waking up it's only because he's gone. :-/ He's only been on that shift for a week now, so we're slowly but surely getting used to it. I would love it if he worked a day shift, but he has to pay his dues on this shift before requesting days. It's not so bad; I do get the bed all to myself! lol.

      Delete