God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!

Saturday, August 11, 2012

His hands.

Today as Bobby was holding my hand while we were both relaxing on the couch while Elena took a nap, I sat there and realized how important those hands have been to me. The first time I held his hand was on our first date December 17th, 2005 at the Trail of Lights as we first walked in, and right after he gave me his jacket to wear. I remember the instant our hands touched I fell in love with that touch. Our hands belonged together, and I didn't want to let go. Since then, I've held his hand as he proposed to me in that very spot, as we flew to Hawaii to get married, as we said our vows on the most beautiful island, walking down the aisle after saying 'I do', during our first dance, during the birth of our daughter, and numerous times in between and since. And after all of that, those hands still bring me so much comfort and bring me back home once they're met with mine. As long as I have his hand to hold, I will always feel at peace and loved. I am so blessed, and I love my husband so very much.

10 comments:

  1. Real romance is in your beloved's arms, or holding his hand, or just a look he gives you across the room, or the way he helps out with housework when you know he's dog-tired after work.. I don't think you find romance in an erotic novel like "50 shades of grey". It's in the simple things of everyday living. I'm glad you have Bobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and I've always looked up to you and Daddy because you two are still so in love after all of these years. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh - I love this :) Its so hard to find this type of love anymore. I am so happy for you! Love is truly a gift from god, without love I think we merely exist. This made me so happy to read. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you found Bobby. It makes my heart sing to know that you're happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so exciting to read about couples that have stayed in love. I think so often people "fall out of love" after the newlywed stage when in all reality that is when you can really get to know each other even more and fall more in love.

    (And it doesn't hurt that you are able to have such an amazing example of what love is through Jesus Christ:) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, beautifully said, Bre. Thank you! And you're absolutely right, Christ's love is amazing.

      Delete